(Pictured above: Catch and Release by Valerie Hinz)
Welcome to the American Academy of Equine Art’s 37th Annual Fall Showcase! Thanks to our 122 participating artists who submitted over 250 entries. With so many wonderful artworks, jurying this show and then choosing the award winners were not easy jobs!
Our Award Winners:
- Founders’ Award (Painting): Percherons in Blue by Jill Soukop
- Founders’ Award (Sculpture): Rejoneador by Kathleen Friedenberg
- Ruth Robbins Memorial Award (for Excellence in Watercolor): Piedmont Foxhounds by Father Michael Tang
- Sam Savitt Award (for Best Depiction of a Horse in Motion): Torann by Lynn Fraley
- Marilyn Newmark Memorial Award for Sculpture: Running Free by Mary Sand
- Else Tuckerman Memorial Award (for Classical Portraiture): P.R.E. Stallion by Beverly Zimmer
- Jean Bowman Memorial Award: Semper Fidlius by Cheryl Harley-Volz
- ACA Director’s Award: Stately Stripes by Linda L. Volrath
For further information and sales, please contact the Aiken Center for the Arts, 122 Laurens St. SW, Aiken SC, 29801, phone 803-641-9094, by October 27, when our show ends.
Lynn Maderich, AAEA, and Lynda Sappington, AAEA, were the jurors for this year’s show. Their works are included as Jurors’ Entries.
“A Distant Horn” by Lynn Maderich. Oil on Linen 22″ x 36″ $4,800
“Bizkit” by Lynda Sappington, Artist’s Proof, 11 1/2″ L x 12 1/2 H x 5 1/4″ wide including base, $3,200
We hope you enjoy the show!
To see the name, size, medium and price of each work, hover over the picture. To watch a slideshow, click on the first picture, then hit the arrows. Only the name of the piece and the artist will be displayed in this mode.